Highway Division Update
- Last week, the Highway Division focused efforts on snow operations and sanding throughout the City. Potholes were repaired on Elm Street, Hatfield Street, King Street, Locust Street, Main Street, Nonotuck Street, Pine Street, and South Street.
- To report a pothole, please submit a request for Pothole Repair. The largest potholes are filled first to alleviate hazards to vehicles. As hazards arise and are identified, they will be addressed.
Roberts Meadow Watershed
- A small timber harvest to remove dying red pines has resumed along the north side of Chesterfield Road east of Reservoir Road.
- The logging will be conducted using horses and is being carried out by a licensed harvester.
- This project began in Spring 2018 and is expected to be completed by January 2020.
Bridge Street, Damon Road, Interstate 91 - Exit 19
- MassDOT has contracted with Baltazar Contractors, Inc. to construct a roundabout and associated improvements to the Interstate 91 - Exit 19 interchange at the base of the Coolidge Bridge. The work is scheduled to be completed by June 2021.
- Upcoming work includes completing overhead utility transfers, paving the new I-91 northbound off ramp and the walking/bike path on Damon Road, guardrail installation, and installation of a precast, modular block wall adjacent to Route 9 westbound.
- Questions about the project should be directed to MassDOT District 2.
An overview of all current Public Works projects can be found by going to Current Projects.