Annual Licenses

  1. Common Victualler
  2. Entertainment
  3. Automatic Amusement Device
  4. Innholder
  5. Lodging House


Every food service establishment in the City of Northampton where food is sold and the premises contains kitchen and dining room equipment and the capacity for preparing, cooking and serving food is required to have a common victualler license.

A common victualler license is issued under MGL Ch. 140, §§ 2-21.


Common victualler licenses are issued on an annual basis with a $50 fee.

Note: All new businesses must contact the Building Commissioner and Health Department for any additional applicable permits/fees.