The following minimum requirements must be met to be eligible to retire under normal superannuation retirement.
Membership commencing prior to April 2, 2012:
- At least 10 years of creditable service and at least age 55.
- At least 20 years of creditable service, no age requirement.
- Additionally, for Group 4 there is no minimum service requirement at age 55.
Membership commencing on or after April 2, 2012:
- Group 1 members must have at least 10 years of creditable service and be at least 60 years old.
- Group 2 members must be at least 55 years old with a minimum of 10 years of creditable service.
- Group 4 members must be at least 50 years old, with 10 years of creditable service.
- At age 55, there is no minimum service requirement for Group 4 members.
For individuals with membership that began prior to January 1, 1978, there is no service requirement if at least 55 years old.
If you withdraw from the Retirement System (refund their contributions), upon rejoining any retirement system in the future, you will be subject to any new rules and regulations as of the date of your re-enrollment. This information is especially noteworthy for members who were hired before April 2, 2012 and are considering withdrawing their funds.