Forms & Guides
Massachusetts Public Employee Retirement Guides
These two guides are for members who have remained members of a the Massachusetts public retirement system prior to April 2, 2012. Currently these guides are only available in electronic format.
- Retirement Guide for Pre-April 2, 2012 Members (PDF)
- Survivor Guide for Pre-April 2, 2012 Members (PDF)
Retirement Guide for New Members
This new retirement guide (PDF) is for members who first became members of a Massachusetts public retirement system on or after April 2, 2012 (those that withdrew from the system prior to April 2, 2012 come into the system under these rules).
Retirement Age / Service Tables
This age and service spreadsheet (PDF) contains age factor tables for Group 1 (most employees are in this group), Group 2 (electricians and certain hazardous occupations designated by law) and Group 4 (public safety employees such as police officers and firefighters). The new age factor tables for members April 2, 2012 and after are also included in this document. All percentages are for an Option 'A' retirement allowance.
NOTE: This spreadsheet is interactive and requires Microsoft Excel or other supported software such as Open Office Calc to function properly.
- Refund Form (PDF) - For members that have terminated their employment and wish to withdraw their funds. Please read withdrawal FAQs before applying.
If your membership began prior to April 2, 2012 and you withdraw your funds, you will lose all rights to the previous benefit structure upon return. If you return to Massachusetts public sector work after refunding you will enter as a new member under the new rules.
- Change Designated (PDF) Beneficiary (PDF) - Use this form to update your beneficiary information
The following forms will need submitted when you retire:
- Application for Voluntary Superannuation (PDF) - Use this form to retire.
- Option Selection Form (PDF) - Use this form to select your option at time of retirement.
- Limitations on Earnings After Retirement (PDF) - Sign and submit this form with your applications.
- W-4P (PDF) - Return this form for your federal tax withholding preference.
- Direct Deposit Form (PDF) - Attach a voided check and return this form with your application.
For retirees wishing to change their designated Option B Beneficiary, please submit this form:
- Change Designated (PDF) Beneficiary (PDF)