Parks & Recreation Summer Day Camps
Refunds and Deposits
Posted April 13, 2020
Although the Parks & Recreation office remains closed, staff is working from home and we are all looking forward to the time we can all be back together. The health and safety of our community is our top priority. For further information on City of Northampton COVID-19 updates please visit the City website: http://northamptonma.gov/2104/COVID-19-Coronavirus
We here at Northampton Parks & Rec are aware that school closing dates and public health requirements may change between now and June. To secure a spot, you are encouraged to register for the camp/program weeks of your choice now. Don’t worry, if your situation changes and you need a refund, we will do that. We are also taking partial payments for some programs, see below, rather than the full fee that was required in the past.
Park & Rec Program Summer Policy Updates
- In the event that our camp and summer program schedules change due to the health situation, or your situation changes, we will offer full refunds.
- In the event the program is running and a refund is needed because your plans have changed, you will receive a full refund as long as you request it at least two weeks before the session/program you have registered starts. In that case, no penalties or fees will be assessed.
- We have also changed our policy to allow for $25 deposits for sessions of certain programs, rather than full payment. This applies to:
- Safety Village
- Camp Hamp
- Teen Expeditions
- The Skills and Drills Programs: Basketball, Soccer, Lacrosse
Online Registration is not available at this time. We are awaiting further guidance regarding the operation of camps this summer.
- You must include immunization and physical forms with Registration Packet. If you register on-line these records can be uploaded. If you have questions, please call us: 413-587-1040, or email us
Summer Day Camps 2020
- Come out and join the fun! We offer a variety of summer options for those ages 4 - 14.
- Camp Kidzone, Camp Hamp, and Teen Expeditions will begin June 22. Safety Village will begin on June 29.
- Please note you must sign up for a session by the Thursday before the session begins.
- We can not take registrations on the Friday before.
- Safety Village : ages 4-6
- Camp KidZone: entering grades 1 - 4
- Camp Hamp: entering grades 5 - 6
- Teen Expeditions: entering grades 7-10
Session Dates KidZone, Camp Hamp, Teen Expeditions
Weekly Sessions 2020
- June 22 - June 26
- June 29 - July 2
- No Program July 3rd
- July 6 - July 10
- July 13 - July 17
- July 20 - July 24
- July 27 - July 31
- August 3 - August 7
Two Week Sessions Summer 2020
- June 29 - July 10
- No Program July 3rd
- July 13 - July 24
- July 27 - August 7