Update Sept. 27, 2021
The Northampton Senior Center had a soft re-opening on August 2, 2021. We are slowly scaling-up our programs and services over the next couple months. We will be open M-F, 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. for the time being. Changes to these hours will be made on a month by month basis. Additional hours and a return to Saturday morning hours will return pending levels of participation here and based on Department of Health updates regarding safety measures, numbers of Hampshire County cases of Covid-19 and the availability and scheduling of booster shots for older adults. We are currently offering limited programs and services onsite and are requiring each member meet with us for a 15 minute membership renewal/orientation appointment before participating in activities, etc. Please see the info about this below.
Membership Renewals: An essential part of our process for welcoming you back to the building includes going over our Covid safety guidelines, updating your membership information, emergency contact info, obtaining waivers and registering you for the online portal called 'My Active Center' which will allow you to sign up and pay for classes anytime (online). This process will need to be completed before you can start using the center's facilities or attending any programs. It will be quick we promise! Appointments are available every day. To schedule your 15 minute appointment you can either email seniorservices@
What is available now?
- PROGRAMS: There are specific groups and classes that have resumed meeting onsite while some have chosen to remain online until the risk of contracting Delta wanes. We are listing all groups/activities, etc. in the Chronicle, on MyActiveCenter (our member registration webpage) and most of them are also listed in the Broadsheet page in the Gazette at the beginning of each month. If you would like to receive the updates in our weekly email blast please let us know. We have many offerings online also.
- LUNCH: Please see details about on-site and curbside options on the Mary's Bistro tab on the left.
- REFRESHMENTS: We have a coffee station available in the bistro when programs are not occurring in this room.
- SOCIAL SERVICES: help with social services (call to schedule an appointment)
- TECHNOLOGY: We offer access to the internet and the ability to check out iPads and Chromebooks for use on-site as well as a Tech Loan and Training Program if you would like to access programs online. Call for an appointment for this program or 1:1 tutoring.
- SOCIALIZING: The lobby, the Game Room and some other spaces for socializing are also available.
- FITNESS: Please see the Fitness Tab to the left for specific instructions on what is required to return to on-site fitness offerings.
For question or more information, please call us at 413-587-1228.
Northampton Senior Services is dedicated to enhancing the quality of life for Northampton’s elders (ages 60 and over) with some programs and activities available to those 55-59 years of age.
Every elder is a valued member of the community and has the right to a life of dignity while maintaining a maximum level of independence. To meet this goal, Northampton Senior Services identifies needs and provides a range of programs, activities and services to address those needs.
The Northampton Senior Center offers extensive programming for Northampton seniors and seniors in the surrounding communities. Please take a look at our programs and classes to learn more about our monthly schedules.
The Northampton Senior Center publishes a monthly publication, The Conz Street Chronicle, and is now available online! For more information regarding this publication, see the Conz Street Chronicle page, or contact the Senior Center at 413-587-1228.
For all other questions, concerns, and inquiries, please do not hesitate to give us a call or stop by!
Stakeholder Homebound Vaccination Program Resource Guide Translations
- Albanian Resource Guide (PDF)
- Arabic Resource Guide (PDF)
- Chinese (simplified) Resource Guide (PDF)
- Chinese (traditional) Resource Guide (PDF)
- Haitian Creole Resource Guide (PDF)
- Khmer Resource Guide (PDF)
- Portuguese (Brazilian) Resource Guide (PDF)
- Portuguese (European, Cape Verdean Creole) Resource Guide (PDF)
- Russian Resource Guide (PDF)
- Vietnamese Resource Guide (PDF)
Email Marie Westburg
Northampton Senior Center
67 Conz St.
Northampton, MA 01060
Monday - Friday
8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. (August)
Assistant Director & Volunteer Coordinator
Michele Dihlmann, LSW Social Worker
Program Development & Communications Manager
Nutrition Program Coordinator