Boards & Partners
Planning & Sustainability staffed boards
- Affordable Housing Trust Fund (currently inactive)
- Agriculture Commission
- Bicycle & Pedestrian Subcommittee of the Transportation & Parking Commission
- Central Business Architecture Committee
- Channel Markers advisors (informal forum of five towns sharing channel markers)
- Community Preservation Committee
- Conservation Commission
- Disabilities Commission
- Historical Commission (includes Historic District Commission)
- Housing Partnership
- Planning Board
- Zoning Board of Appeals
- Transportation & Parking Commission (Planning & Sustainability director is a member)
- Energy Commission (Planning & Sustainability director serves as chair)
Community partners (partial list)
- Healthy Hampshire, through Northampton’s Mass in Motion grant a regional collaborative effort focusing on equity, healthy eating, tive living, and healthy and safe physical environments. Northampton is the lead community and fiscal agent.
- Ward 3 Neighborhood Association: traffic calming and historic preservation
- Ward 4 Neighborhood Association
- Leeds Civic Association: helping manage the Saw Mill Hills Greenway-Roberts Hill, Mill River Greenway-Leeds, and Beaver Brook Greenway.
- Broad Brook Coalition: managing the Broad Brook-Fitzgerald Lake Greenway.
- Friends of the Mineral Hills: managing the Mineral Hills Greenway.
- Friends of Northampton Trails managing and expanding of the city’s network of hiking and share use trails.
- Meadow City Conservation Coalition: managing the Connecticut River and Meadows Greenways..
- Northampton Community Rowing: managing the Connecticut River Greenway riverfront park.