REQUIREMENTS (M.G.L. Ch. 140, s 137, 139)
- All dogs six months old or over are required to be licensed by April 1.
- A valid current rabies certificate must be provided to receive a license. If applicable, proof of spaying or neutering must also be provided in writing from a veterinarian.
FEES FOR THE 2020 LICENSE YEAR
- Neutered or Spayed Dog - $10
- Unneutered or Unspayed Dog - $20
- Fee will be waived for dog owners aged 70 and over; owner must provide proof of age.
- *****Due to the COVID-19 RESTRICTIONS the deadline to license your pet without a late fee has been extended to August 15, 2020. Please note that previously licensed dogs whose license is not renewed prior to August 15th will be subject to a late fee, in addition to the license fee. The late fee is $20 per dog beginning August 16, 2020.
LICENSE OR RENEW BY MAIL
By Mail Instructions:
Please include in your envelope:
City Clerk’s Office
LICENSE OR RENEW ONLINE
Be sure you have all appropriate information about your pet before you pay!
In order to process your request please follow these instructions:
IN PERSON LICENSING IS NOT AVAILABLE AT THIS TIME
Our city offices are currently closed to the public. Please use one of the methods above to submit your request.
CHANGE IN OWNERSHIP
If you no longer own your dog, or have any questions, please contact the City Clerk’s Office at (413) 587-1224 or by email at email@example.com. Office hours are Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.