Emergency Management Information
The fire chief serves as Northampton's emergency manager.
In the case of emergencies, contact the Emergency Dispatch Department for assistance.
Learn more about how you can prepare for emergencies and how to access valuable resources.
- Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) Preparedness Information
- Google Public Alert Map
- Massachusetts Emergency Management Agency Preparedness Information
- National Weather Service in Albany
- Red Cross "Get a kit. Make a plan"
- CDC "Learn how to shelter in place"
Residents can sign up to receive Reverse-911 Emergency Notifications via landline, cell, text and/or email. City public safety officials send voice messages to thousands of residents and businesses within minutes with specific information about emergencies and time-sensitive local community issues.
All residents, business and property owners may sign up. Personal information will not be shared.
- Join the City's Reverse 911 System - CODE RED
Receive email, phone or text updates.
Most land lines are already in the system.
- Step-by-Step instructions (PDF) for creating and managing your CodeRED account
- Reverse 911 Opt In / Opt Out Form (PDF)
Paper form that can be mailed
- Reverse 911 Opt Out Form
On-line form that submits electronically
For additional notifications, you can subscribe to the city's Facebook and Twitter accounts via the links below: