Highway Division Update
- Last week, the Highway Division continued efforts on winter storm clean up. Potholes were repaired on Elm Street, South Street, and King Street.
- To report a pothole, please submit a request for Pothole Repair. The largest potholes are filled first to alleviate hazards to vehicles. As hazards arise and are identified, they will be addressed.
Roberts Meadow Watershed
- A small timber harvest to remove dying red pines has resumed along the north side of Chesterfield Road east of Reservoir Road.
- The logging will be conducted using horses and is being carried out by a licensed harvester.
- This project began in Spring 2018 and is expected to be completed this fall.
Bridge Street, Damon Road, Interstate 91 - Exit 19
- MassDOT has contracted with Baltazar Contractors, Inc. to construct a roundabout and associated improvements to the Interstate 91 - Exit 19 interchange at the base of the Coolidge Bridge. The work is scheduled to be completed by June 2021.
- Upcoming work includes completing overhead utility transfers, paving the new I-91 northbound off ramp and the walking/bike path on Damon Road, guardrail installation, and installation of a precast, modular block wall adjacent to Route 9 westbound.
- Questions about the project should be directed to MassDOT District 2.
An overview of all current Public Works projects can be found by going to Current Projects.