Highway Division Update
- Last week, the Highway Division:
- Repaired potholes on Lyman Road and Bedford Terrace.
- Repaired curbs on Overlook Drive, Brookside Circle and Denise Court.
- To report a pothole, please submit a request for Pothole Repair. The largest potholes are filled first to alleviate hazards to vehicles. As hazards arise and are identified, they will be addressed.
- Street sweeping in Wards 1, 5 and 6 is complete.
- Street sweeping in Ward 4 has begun and will continue next week.
- Sidewalk replacement project at the Academy of Music is underway and will continue next week.
Burts Pit Road & Riverside Drive Paving Project
- On Burts Pit Road, the paving project is substantially complete. Minor work on curb and driveway repairs is planned.
- On Riverside Drive, two speed tables have been installed. Signage and markings will be completed in the following weeks.
Chesterfield Road, Spring Street, Main Street (Leeds) and Cross Street Paving Project
- Final road paving is complete for the project. Work continues on driveways and shoulders.
Bridge Road, Brisson Drive and Glendale Road Paving Project
- On Glendale Road and Bridge Road, the paving project is substantially complete. Minor work along roadway edges and removal of construction signs is anticipated.
Roberts Meadow Watershed
- A small timber harvest to remove dying red pines will resume along the north side of Chesterfield Road east of Reservoir Road.
- The logging will be conducted using horses and is being carried out by licensed harvester Tyler Sage.
- This project began in Spring 2018 and is expected to be completed this fall.
Bridge Street, Damon Road, Interstate 91 - Exit 19
- MassDOT has contracted with Baltazar Contractors, Inc. to construct a roundabout and associated improvements to the Interstate 91 - Exit 19 interchange at the base of the Coolidge Bridge. The work is scheduled to be completed by June 2021.
- Upcoming work includes completing overhead utility transfers, paving the new I-91 northbound off ramp and the shared use path on Damon Road, guardrail installation, and installation of a precast, modular block wall adjacent to Route 9 westbound.
- Questions about the project should be directed to MassDOT District 2.
An overview of all current Public Works projects can be found by going to Current Projects.