Highway Division Update
- Last week, the Highway Division repaired potholes on North Maple Street, Sterling Avenue, Hayward Road, East Center Street, Forbes Avenue, Chestnut Street, Brookwood Drive, Chestnut Avenue, Grove Avenue, Florence Street, and Hickory Drive.
- To report a pothole, please submit a request for Pothole Repair. The largest potholes are filled first to alleviate hazards to vehicles. As hazards arise and are identified, they will be addressed.
- Last week, the Highway Division repaired curb on Acrebrook Drive, Forbes Avenue and Clement Street.
- Street sweeping in Ward 1 has been completed.
- Street sweeping in Ward 6 has begun and will continue next week.
Burts Pit Road Paving Project
- The paving project is substantially complete; no work is planned for the first week of September.
- The Contractor will be working on punch list items (guardrail, signs & curb repair) during following weeks.
Chesterfield Road, Spring Street, Main Street (Leeds) and Cross Street Paving Project
- On Spring Street, Main Street (Leeds), and Cross Street, the Contractor will work on driveway aprons and curb installation.
- On Chesterfield Road, no work is planned for the first week of September.
Bridge Road, Brisson Drive, Denise Court and Glendale Road Paving Project
- On Bridge Road, the Contractor will continue installing loam adjacent to curbs.
- On Glendale Road, the Contractor will work on driveway aprons and curb installation.
- On Brisson Drive, the Contractor plans to pave the roadway on Tues, Sept 3rd, starting at 7:00 AM, weather permitting. Parking will be prohibited on Brisson Drive between 6:00 AM and 12:00 noon.
- On Denise Court, the Contractor plans to excavate and grade a section of the roadway near Barrett Street. The Contractor will direct traffic around the work site.
- The City has contracted with Hi-Way Safety Systems to repaint pavement markings across the City. This includes double yellow center lines, white edge lines, speed hump markings, arrows, railroad markings, and crosswalks.
Clement Street Bridge
- The City has contracted with NEL Corp to remove and replace the Clement Street bridge deck protective surfacing and to repave 30 feet at the deck approaches.
- The bridge is expected to reopen by the end of September 2019.
Bridge Street, Damon Road, Interstate 91 - Exit 19
- MassDOT has contracted with Baltazar Contractors, Inc. to construct a roundabout and associated improvements to the Interstate 91 - Exit 19 interchange at the base of the Coolidge Bridge. The work is scheduled to be completed by June 2021.
- Preliminary work includes construction signage installation, survey, work on the northbound I-91 off ramp and utility relocations.
- Questions about the project should be directed to MassDOT District 2.
An overview of all current Public Works projects can be found by going to Current Projects.