- On Friday, August 23, 2019 from 6:30 AM to 5:00 PM, the first layer of pavement will be installed on Glendale Road from the Easthampton town line to 230 feet south of Westhampton Road (Route 66).
- The roadway will be reduced to one lane for a distance of up to 2,000 feet (approximately 1/3 mile) during this operation.
- Traffic controllers will alternate direction of travel by stopping one lane while allowing traffic to flow in the opposite lane.
- Travel away from the work site will be much faster than travel through the work site.
- Heavy delays are expected and commuters are encouraged to seek alternate routes.
- Delays are expected as the paving operation passes any entrance (driveway or street intersection) onto Glendale Road.
- Access will be provided for emergency vehicles.
- Construction signs will be in place, and police officers will be on duty to direct traffic.
- All residents and business owners on Glendale Road, Brisson Drive, and Park Hill Road Ext have received a Paving Notice (pdf).
An overview of all current Public Works projects can be found by going to Current Projects.