Highway Division Update
- Last week, the Highway Division worked on Winter Street, repairing pavement, curbs and sidewalk.
- To report a pothole, please submit a request for Pothole Repair. The largest potholes are filled first to alleviate hazards to vehicles. As hazards arise and are identified, they will be addressed.
- Street sweeping in Ward 1 has been completed.
- Street sweeping in Ward 6 will begin next week.
An overview of all current Public Works projects can be found by going to Current Projects.
Burts Pit Road Paving Project
- Final pavement and top course on driveway aprons has been completed.
- Pavement markings (i.e., line striping) will be completed within the next 2 weeks after allowing time for the pavement to cure.
Chesterfield Road, Spring Street, Main Street (Leeds), and Cross Street Paving Project
- On Spring Street, Main Street (Leeds) and Cross Street the first course of pavement is complete. The Contractor will be working on structure adjustments (manholes and catch basins).
- On Chesterfield Road & Sylvester Road, the Contractor may begin laying out drainage improvements.
Bridge Road and Glendale Road Paving Project
- On Bridge Road, the Contractor will be paving driveway aprons on Wednesday, August 14th.
- On Bridge Road, the Contractor will be installing pavement markings (i.e., line striping) on Thursday, August 15th and Friday, August 16th.
- On Glendale Road, the Contractor will work on grading the roadway in preparation of laying the first pavement course.
Roberts Meadow Watershed
- Logging in the Reservoir Road area will begin. Work will continue until late August.
- The City has contracted with Hi-Way Safety Systems to repaint pavement markings across the City. This includes double yellow center lines, white edge lines, speed hump markings, arrows, railroad markings, and crosswalks.
Clement Street Bridge
- Beginning Monday, July 22nd, the Clement Street Bridge will be CLOSED for approximately six weeks and detours will be in place.
Damon Road, Bridge Street, Exit 19
- Preliminary work includes construction signage installation, survey, work on the northbound I-91 off ramp and utility relocations.
- Questions about the project should be directed to MassDOT District 2.