19.125 An Ordinance Related to Wireless Antennas on Street Poles - 1st reading
- Referred to Legislative Matters (LM) and Planning Board (PB) - 9/5/2019
- Public Hearing Held/Positive Recommendation, PB - 9/26/2019
- Public Hearing Held/Positive Recommendation with the stipulation that amended language be provided by the Office of Planning and Sustainability (OPS) to address concerns about placement of equipment on the pole - 10/7/2019
- Amended by City Council to strike word 5G from phrase "for the purpose of providing 5G wireless telecommunications."
- Referred back to Legislative Matters for further discussion - 10/17/2019
- Continued to 12/9/2019, LM - 11/12/2019
- Revised ordinance submitted by OPS to 1) move design criteria for small cell facilities out of code and into DPW regulations, 2) reduce fee for right-of-way access from $400 to $270 as recommended by the FCC and 3) add $1,000 fee for installation on city-owned poles to offset additional maintenance and inspection costs.
- Amended to correct two scrivener's errors - remove '5G' and replace 'telecommunications' with 'facilities' in 350-10.9 D - 2/10/2020
- Positive recommendation as amended, Legislative Matters - 2/10/2020