Counselor In Training Program
About the Program (2023)
The Counselor in Training "CIT" Program is available for the Safety Village (Ages 4-6) and Camp KidZone (Grades entering 1-4) Summer Programs. Participants must be 14 - 15 years old or entering 9th or 10th grade.
The CIT Program offers opportunities to interact with children, lead activities and participate in camp programs. CITs must have a sincere desire to work with children, a strong work ethic, lots of energy & creativity, and a positive attitude. The objective of the CIT program is to better prepare the participants for future work with children. This is done through hands-on experiences and guidance from staff members.
The Safety Village Program is a half day program and the Camp KidZone is a full day program. Each participant has to commit to a 2 week session. An evaluation will be made after the completion of the CIT’s session. If the CIT has done a good job, and space is available, then the CIT can come back for another session. The cost would still apply.
Participating in the Counselor in Training (C.I.T.) program does NOT ensure that you will be hired as a paid counselor when you turn 16.
CIT Session Dates
Up to 4 CIT's will be accepted each session in Safety Village and KidZone.
Time: 8:15a.m. - NOON
Each Session $60
3 two week sessions
- Session A: July 3- July 14 (no program July 4)
- Session B: July 17 - July 28
- Session C: July 31 - August 11
Time: 8:15AM - 4:30PM
Session 1 – 3: $120 per session
*Session 4: $60 **1 week session**
3 two week sessions
1 one week session*
Session 1: June 27 - July7 (no program July 4)
Session 2: July 10 - July 21
Session 3: July 24 - August 4
*Session 4: August 7 - August 11
There will be no program July 4.
7*Session 4* One Week Only
Only available for Camp Kidzone.
This session is only available to CITs that have successfully completed a previous 2 week session, and have been welcomed back. Program fee is $60
- Applicants must be 14/15 years old or entering ninth or tenth grade.
- CIT Application Completed & Submitted before Deadline
- Application Deadline is Monday, May 19, 2023
- CIT applications must be returned to the Parks & Recreation Department
- A staff member will contact the CIT applicant to set up an interview time.
- Interviews will be conducted in late May/early June.
- A Mandatory CIT Orientation will be in June.
- location to be determined
Completed Applications can be returned to the
Northampton Parks & Recreation Office at 100A Bridge Road
*Application deadline is Monday, May 19, 2023*
Please Note: There is no online registration allowed for this program.