Hamp Rec Virtual 50K Challenge
FREE to ALL AGES!
Join in anytime before it ends, and you must submit your miles by June 12, 2020.
Many things may be closed or modified, but the sidewalks, bike paths and parks are now open! There’s no better way to social distance you or your family than going for a walk or hike around the neighborhood, following along to a workout video, going for a bike ride, and receive a medal or certificate! Start anytime but complete by June 12!
The rules are easy:
What is a Virtual Challenge?A virtual challenge is a challenge that can be accomplished from any location and it can be any workout you choose. You can run, bike, walk, lift weights in your basement, etc. As long as you stay active, you’re in!
The rules are easy:
- Sign up by
- Emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org, we will send you the mileage log to update and complete.
- Access the mileage log for the direct link to our google 50K tracking sheet to fill in and submit to us. Click here for link
- If you reach 50K and want to keep going, keep tracking and submit the total at the end!
- Exercise, Run, walk, bike, exercise on your own time at your own pace.
- Keep track of each mile/minute you are active on the log we send you.
- Join the fun and log 31 miles, or more, by June 12.
- Connect with us and other participants by tagging your photos @NorthamptonParks&Recreation on Facebook or Instagram.
- Submit your mile log to email@example.com or mail to Parks & Rec, 100A Bridge Rd., Florence, MA 01062 by June 12.
- Please submit one complete form per person with all the miles logged, once you have completed the full 31 miles. And complete more if you want and submit that too!
- Each participant who completes 50K by June 12 will earn a medal or certificate!
- Remember to wear a mask and stay socially distant as appropriate.
Mile Converter InfoIf you’d rather lift weights, go for a family walk, or follow a workout video online, you still get rewarded. Minutes go by 15 minute increments with each 15 min = .75 miles. The form has an easy calculation to convert minutes to miles if you choose to use minutes instead of miles.
X min divided by 15 multiplied by .75 = X Miles
15 Min=.75 Miles / 30 Min=1.5 Miles / 45 Min=2.25 Miles / 60 Min=3 Miles