Face Covering Requirements
Effective May 6th, 2021, the City of Northampton Board of Health COVID-19 Mandatory Policies and Procedures for Wearing of Face Masks or Other Faces Coverings in Public Places in the City of Northampton will be rescinded. Face covering requirements will reflect those of the Commonwealth. These requirements and exemptions are as follows.
Face coverings will continue to be required at all times in the following situations and settings:
- Inside or waiting in line outside of grocery stores, retail stores, pharmacies, and restaurants
- Providing or using the services of any public or shared transportation, including taxis, ride shares (Uber, Lyft, etc), bus, train, plane
- Public streets and ways where physical distancing of at least 6 feet cannot be maintained
- Any location, including hotels, event venues, and private clubs, that hosts indoor or outdoor events or performances
Face coverings are optional in the following situations and settings:
- Outdoors where at least 6 feet of distance from other people can be continuously maintained. This includes public parks, bike paths, walkways, and other outdoor settings where physical distancing is easily maintained. This does not include venues, hotels, and other businesses that host indoor or outdoor events.
- When communicating with someone who has a hearing impairment or other disability
- In specific circumstances, such as when eating or drinking in restaurants, receiving dental care, or participating in water sports and swimming
- In private outdoor and indoor settings, in small groups with members of the same household or non-household members
All Northampton COVID-19 Orders
- AMENDED: COVID-19 Mandatory Policies and Procedures for all Farmers’ Markets in Northampton - April 1, 2021 (PDF)
- Northampton Board of Health Issues Amended Order Maintaining Limits on Performance Venues, Event Venues and Gatherings - April 1, 2021 (PDF)
- Northampton Health Department Lifts Sports Restrictions - February 28, 2021 (PDF)
- Order Prohibiting Self Service of Food and Beverages - March 28, 2020 (PDF)
- THIS ORDER HAS BEEN AMENDED TO EXCLUDE HAIRDRESSERS AND BARBERS - Emergency Order Regarding Operation of Certain Businesses in the City of Northampton - March 23, 2020 (PDF)
Massachusetts Info & Updates
- Text COVIDMAESP to 888-777 for Spanish alerts
- Governor’s Office Press Releases
- Governor’s response to COVID-19 (preparedness, updates, etc.)
COVID-19 Trend Areas
Live interactive map, found here!
Testing Site Locator
To find COVID-19 testing sites near you, please use the testing site locator, found here!
COVID Safe Practices Concern Form
- Please complete the COVID Safe Practices Concern Form if you'd like to report possible concerns about non-compliance with the Commonwealth’s travel advisory quarantine, face covering, gathering, or other public health rules.
- Centers for Disease Control & Prevention - Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- World Health Organization - Coronavirus (COVID-19) @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>