On March 23, 2020, Governor Charlie Baker issued an emergency order requiring all businesses and organizations that do not provide “COVID-19 Essential Services” to close their physical workplaces and facilities to workers, customers and the public as of Tuesday, March 24th at noon until Tuesday, April 7th at noon. These businesses are encouraged to continue operations remotely. Please find a list of the COVID-19 Essential Services, here.
The City of Northampton’s Emergency Management Team is working with ServiceNet and other local partners to open an emergency shelter at Northampton High School for our homeless neighbors. Read on...
With everyone understandably on high alert about Coronavirus transmission, I’d like to explain in detail what happens when an individual tests positive for Coronavirus disease COVID-19. Read on...
The COVID-19 call center is staffed Monday - Friday from 8 am to 6:30 pm and Saturday and Sunday from 8a – 5p by health care workers who can field general questions about COVID-19. Read on...
The Northampton Public Health Director, Merridith O'Leary, has issued two orders prohibiting entry into restaurants for take-out service and prohibiting self-service of food and beverages Read on...
A 70-cot shelter is ready for occupancy at the Northampton High School. Volunteers are needed for 8-hour shifts with 3 volunteers per shift. Read on...
Guest column Merridith O’Leary: Lessons from a pandemic: Listen to facts, not opinions Read on...
City of Northampton Board of Health to close gyms, nail and hair salons and more Read on...
- The President’s Guidelines for America
- Isolation Guidance
- Quarantine Guidance - Quarantine Information & Guidance in: Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Portuguese, Spanish, Haitian Creole, Vietnamese
- Guidance for Visiting Public Parks & Trails
- Prevention Steps for Caregivers & Household Members
- Nursing Homes & Rest Homes
- Employers Rights & Employers Obligations: FAQs
- Small Business Guidance
- Guidance for Medical Professionals
- Interim Guidance for Businesses and Employers
- CDC Information on Travel
- Department of Early Education & Care - Frequently Asked Questions - Updated March 14, 2020 (PDF)
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Symptom Checker!
If you believe you are experiencing symptoms, please use the CDC Symptom Checker. Call your doctor if you think you have been exposed to COVID-19 and develop a fever and symptoms, such as cough or difficulty breathing. Call your healthcare provider for medical advice.
Question & Answer Opportunities
On Friday, April 3, 2020, there will be an opportunity to join the Northampton Health Department in a COVID-19 question and answer teleconference session for the general public. Please submit your questions in advance of the teleconference by completing the below form:
|10:30-11:30 am||Phone #: 515-604-9099|
Access code: 533-433-675
- Centers for Disease Control & Prevention - Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Massachusetts Department of Public Health - Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Centers for Disease Control & Prevention - Coronavirus (COVID-19) @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
This page is updated regularly, please check back often! Last updated: Tue. 3/31/2020.