Memorial Day Parade
Celebrating the 150th Florence Memorial Day Parade!
Monday, May 28, 2018 at 1:00pm
Each year, our TBall baseball teams march in the annual Florence Memorial Day Parade.
There is a new route, a larger contingent marching, and activities at the Northampton Elks Club.
- The Parade route has changed for this large celebration in 2018. It will begin at 1:00pm at Smith Vocational High School, continue down Main St. in Florence, down Park St., take a right on Pine St. and a right onto Spring St. ending at the Elks Club.
- There will be speakers and a celebration at the Elks Club after the parade concludes, at approximately 3pm.
TBall Coaches, Players & Families are invited to march in the150th Annual Florence Memorial Day Parade,
Monday, May 28, 2018. This is a special celebration year with a much larger parade contingency than usual.
After reading the details below, please email us, or call us at 587-1040 if you and your player(s) will be able to participate so we will have an estimate of how many people to expect.
- The parade will be starting at 1:00pm from Smith Vocational High School, 80 Locust St., and anyone marching should arrive to the school by 12:00pm. We are in Division 2, which will meet in front of the main building at Smith Voke.
- There will be a bus to pick up any Park & Rec families that would like to ride the shuttle at the Florence Recreation Fields baseball parking lot, 157 Spring St., Florence at 11:45am. The bus will shuttle you to Smith Voke. We encourage you to car pool, or bike to the lot if possible. There are bike racks at the Elks and at Florence Fields, or you may just meet us at Smith Voke.
- The parade route is about 1.5 miles and ends at the Elks Club on Spring St. Our group may continue past the Elks to the Florence Field parking lot for people to be picked up and/or retrieve vehicles/bikes. (Spring St. by the Elks will be closed to traffic) You may also like to go back to the parade route and enjoy the rest of the contingency that is marching after us. You are welcome to return to the Elks Club for their ceremony which begins once the parade is over at approximately 3:00pm.
- We have arranged for about 25 players to ride in a hay wagon pulled by a tractor. Others will march with coaches and parents as usual. Parents may bring a wagon/bike, etc. to pull their child too if desired.
- Many streets along the route will be shut down for a few hours due to the parade. Because we are the second group to step off at the beginning of the parade, you need to plan your drop off at Smith Voke and end of route plans accordingly.
- Players must be accompanied by an adult during the parade. It should be about a 30-45 minute march to the Elks. The parade itself will last about two hours.
- Players should wear their team shirts and hat.
Link to online Parade Information Booklet in the Daily Hampshire Gazette
Please let us know if you will join our contingent in the parade: email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 587-1040.