Lil’ Sluggers Tee Ball Baseball
Lil Sluggers Tee Ball baseball is for player ages 4-6 and serves as an introduction to the games of baseball and softball in a fun and active environment. Northampton Parks & Recreation Department recognizes that T-ball is often a family’s first experience with baseball.
All state and local COVID guidelines will be followed, see below..
For: Ages 4,5 and 6 (must be 4 as of August 31,2021)
Dates: Saturdays, April 24 - June 12, 7 sessions, make up June 19 if needed.
- No program May 29
Time: 9-10:15 a.m. or 10:30-11:45 a.m. (may vary each week)
Location: Finn Ryan Rd. School fields
Fee: $50 before March 30, $55 after. (non-residents add $10)
- Fee includes a team tshirt and a baseball hat!
If needed: Helmet Rental: $15 (will be refunded if the helmet is returned in good condition)
- Players will need their own helmet and glove. If you do not want to purchase a helmet you can rent one for the season for $15. If the helmet is returned in good condition at the end of the season your money will be returned.
- These guidelines are set by following the direction of the State's Executive Office of Energy and Environmental Affairs.
- Guidelines may change before or during the program depending on State and local guidance.
- Players, spectators, and volunteers will need to wear a mask at all times.
- No benches or bleachers will be available at the field. Families and players should bring their own seating to the program.
- Social distancing must be followed by all spectators.
- Spectators will be limited to two adults and the siblings for each player.
- If transporting people in your car outside of your family to or from the program you should follow state guidelines and wear a facemask.
- Parents and guardians will be asked to self certify each week that their child or anyone attending the program has not shown any signs of COVID-19. A self certification sheet will be sent out closer to the start of the program.
- Shared equipment will be sanitized between uses.
- All players will have to check in each week to allow for contact tracing if necessary.
- Download registration form (PDF)
- Go to online registration page
- Parents will receive an email or call from a coach by April 22 for team and time information. (the coaches meeting is Tuesday night, April 20)
- Players will learn fundamental skills of baseball/softball such as batting, catching, throwing and fielding for gains in both experience and confidence. Players are coached by volunteer parents who are trained by Northampton Parks & Recreation.
- Players can expect to hit from a Tee throughout the season, but as the season progresses, coaches are given the option to introduce coach pitch to players who are ready to hit in this fashion.
- The emphasis is on children receiving skill development thru a positive instruction, equal participation and the value of teamwork and most importantly having fun.