Girls Basketball Grades 7 & 8 Quabbin Valley League
This is a recreational traveling hoop league. The philosophy of the league is to teach fair play, good sportsmanship and improve skills of each individual.
- Teams travel to towns such as South Hadley, Belchertown, Ludlow, Chicopee, Granby, Monson, Palmer, and others. We will practice and play home games in Northampton.
- Teams will play approximately 12 games, with “stop time” rules. Practices start in November, games are January through February, with playoffs in March.
- All players receive a reversible basketball team shirt, and play in every game.
- Teams are officiated by certified officials, or if not available it is an adult official.
- Residents of Northampton, Florence, Leeds have priority until November 11. Non-residents begins Nov. 12 at 10am. Non-residents must attend school in Northampton, or must not have a Quabbin League team in their town of residence.
- Registrations for the Quabbin Basketball League are taken in groups of 10. Players that sign up after the first 10 will be placed on a wait list until there are enough players and a coach to open an additional team. If waitlist in indicated on registration page, register online to secure a waitlist spot, or at our office and the system will put you on the waitlist. Families will be notified once they are taken off of the wait list.
For: Girls grades 7 & 8
Dates: Varies, weeknights and weekends
Location: City schools and travel to other towns for games
Evaluations/preseason practices are in mid-November, see below
Financial assistance is available, please contact us for information
Evaluations and Pre-Season practices
- Every player should attend at least two of the three pre-season practice and evaluation sessions. If you can not, you may still play. We encourage the players to come to as many as they can. These evaluations are so we can even out the teams as best as possible.
- Click here for evaluation schedule (PDF)
Coaches and assistant coaches are needed each year for our teams. The basketball league has about 28 teams each year, and it wouldn't be successful without the dedication, knowledge and time given to the program by all our amazing volunteers.
If you are interested in coaching, please indicate it on the space provided on your players form. If you do not have a player in the league or would like to contact us to coach, please send us an email.