- *New Parking Changes
*New Parking Changes
New Parking Changes
As of March 13, 2023, Northampton has implemented long overdue reforms to the parking system.
- Media Advisory: Summary of Parking Changes - March 16, 2023 (PDF)
- Parking lots map (PDF)
- All parking locations and classifications map (PDF) - use classification table below for time limit, span and fee
- Classifications table from city ordinance §312-36 (PDF) - (table starts on pg. 2)
Enforcement hours now begin at 10am and end at 5pm, 7pm and 8pm depending on where you are parked. Please refer to the varying enforcement hours detailed below.
- EVERY METER has a sticker on its face detailing hours of enforcement and hourly rate.
- Red top meters are $0.50/hour, 10am to 5 pm, Monday - Saturday and are classified as 3D in the map and table.
Main Street and Crafts Avenue
The two-hour limit on parking along Main Street and Crafts Avenue is eliminated. The fees will increase to $1.50/hour between 10am and 5pm Monday through Friday and $2.00/hour between 5pm and 8pm Monday through Friday. Saturdays between 10am and 8pm the rate is $2.00/hour.
Parking Lots and Street Parking
The two-hour limit to park in the following areas is eliminated and the hourly rate is reduced to $0.50/hour between 10am to 5pm Monday through Friday. The hourly rate will increase to $1.00/hour between 5pm and 8pm Monday through Friday. Saturdays between 10am and 8pm the rate is $1.00/hour. All blue top meters follow this fee schedule.
- Bridge Street (Hawley Street to the Post Office)
- Center Street
- Gothic Street
- Green Street
- Hawley Street
- King Street (Main Street to Trumbull Road)
- Market Street (Bridge Street to Union Street)
- Masonic Street
- Merrick Lane
- Old South Street
- Pearl Street
- Pleasant Street (Main Street to Holyoke Street)
- Round House Lot (first aisle)
- State Street (Main Street to St. Michael’s property)
- Strong Avenue (Main Street to Strong Ave Parking Lot)
- Strong Avenue Lot (except portion of lot facing rear of buildings)
The three-hour limit to park in the following parking lots is eliminated and the hourly rate is reduced to $.50/hour between 10am and 8pm Monday through Saturday.
- Armory Street Lot
- Masonic Street Lot
The ten-hour limit to park in the following parking lots is eliminated and the hourly rate remains at $0.25/hour between 10am and 7pm Monday through Saturday.
- Hampton Avenue Lot
- James House Lot
- Old South Street Lot (except the spaces in front of Maplewood Shops)
- Round House Lot (except first aisle)
Old South Street Lot (except the spaces in front of Maplewood Shops)
The ten-hour limit to park in the following parking lots is eliminated and the hourly rate remains at $.50/hour between 10am and 5pm Monday through Saturday.
Strong Ave Lot (portion of lot facing rear of buildings)
West Street Lot (no overnight parking)
E.J. Gare Parking Garage
The rates for the E.J. Gare Parking Garage remains the same at $0.75/hour with the first hour free. There is no limit on the time parked in the garage. There is a $20 lost ticket fee.
The monthly permit rate for the lower level of the E.J. Gare Parking Garage increased to $110/month.