Vision: a thriving transportation system that supports all modes of travel, healthy people, and a healthy and vibrant community.
Goal Support transportation modes beyond that of single-occupancy vehicles, including:
1. Complete streets designs that support all modes of transportation
2. Transit (buses, vans, intra and inter-urban trains, carshare/ Zipcar)
3. Sidewalks, multiuse trails, sidewalks, and pedestrian infrastructure
4. Bicycle lanes and multiuse trails
5. Park-and-Ride Lots, guaranteed ride home, and shared rides
6. Land use patterns that support sustainable transportation
7. Transportation Demand Management (TDM) to reduce vehicle use
8. Education and enforcement (e.g., MassBike Bike Safety Training)
Sustainable Transportation Resources
View how walkable your neighborhood is and participate in sustainable transportation.