Ski & Snowboard Details & Rental Procedure
Any participant who needs to rent either snowboard or ski equipment, must fill out the necessary rental information. All rental forms must be signed and submitted to the Parks & Recreation Department by December 1, 2017. You can mail, email or fax these forms.
- After completing this form you will receive a confirmation e-mail from Berkshire East.
- Please print and sign (must be by parent/guardian), and submit it to the Parks & Recreation Department. Berkshire East will not be able to rent equipment to any participants who have not submitted their completed rental form.
Students Grade 6 - 8
- Middle School students will ski on Wednesdays, January 3 - February 7 (NO 1/24).
- Coach buses will depart approximately at 2:45 p.m. from JFK. Middle School.
- All students return to JFK at approximately 8 p.m. each date.
Berkshire East offers 52 diverse trails which both accommodate beginners and can challenge expert skiers.
- 18 trails are lit for night skiing.
Transportation / Food
- Coach buses with restrooms are used for transportation. Backpacks etc. may be left on board during the program.
- Skiers may bring food from home or purchase food at at the ski lodge.
- Food may be eaten on the coach buses, however, greasy foods like pizza, fries, burgers, etc may not be taken on bus from the ski lodge.
Berkshire East does not require helmets but they are strongly recommended. Helmets are not included in Berkshire East rental package. Helmets can be rented in addition by participant for $50 for the five weeks to the Parks & Recreation Department.
- Rental form needs to be filled out by parent / guardian on the Berkshire East website, Click here to go to site.
If you are a member of a ski group, please print and give signed form to group, program or trip coordinator.
- Please print and sign form (must be a signature of a parent / guardian) and return to the Parks & Recreation Department.
- All rental forms must be submitted to the Parks & Recreation Department by December 1, 2017.
- Berkshire East will not be able to rent equipment to any participants who have not submitted their completed rental form.
Lessons take place shortly after arrival and are group lessons which last one hour. All beginner levels are required to sign up for lessons.
- Wednesday lessons will be at 4:30PM
All cancellations will be announced on our Hotline number 413-587-1044, on the Recreation Department homepage.
All make-ups will happen if we have inclement weather. These dates are added at the end of the program, if needed starting the make-up will take place on February 14 and/or February 28. A make-up will not take place during February vacation.
All registrations are currently being accepted for the Middle School After School Ski / Snowboard Program at the Parks & Recreation Department, 100A Bridge Road, Florence weekdays from 8:30am-4:30pm. Deadline to register for the program is December 1, 2017 or when program reaches capacity.
A limited number of scholarships are available to those who qualify. The scholarship application deadline is December 1, 2017.