Parks & Rec Basketball
2021 Youth Hoop Skills & Drills Program
* 1/7/2021 3:00pm- Our online registration system is back up.
- SPACE IS LIMITED due to COVID regulations.
- This is our second round of skills this season. Players will be assigned to one group of 9 players, their cohort. Each team will have a volunteer coach and will have a 1 hour practice/skills session each Saturday for 4 weeks.
- Focus will be on skill development and fun. Teams will not be able to scrimmage during this program.
- Masks must be worn by players, coaches and spectators at all times.
- Each player will need to bring their own basketball and water bottle each week. If you do not have access to a basketball let us know and we may be able to provide one to borrow. (basketball size needed is below under program information)
- We will have two teams of 9 practice at once, each on opposite courts with the curtain drawn to separate the courts.
- The program may need to adjust depending on State and local COVID regulations.
For: Children from 3rd through the 8th grades
Dates: Four Saturdays: Jan. 16 - Feb. 6 (Make up on Feb. 13)
Approximate Times: These may change depending on coaching and registrations
- 3rd & 4th grades: Mornings
- 5th & 6th grades: Late mornings, afternoon
- 7th & 8th grades: Early evening
Location: Smith Vocational High School Gym
- Each player must bring their own basketball. See below for sizes needed for each division.
- Register Online HERE
- For paper forms, You may drop this off in our mailbox next to the door at our office. We are on the grounds of JFK Middle School, 100A Bridge Rd., Florence. Drive in the mail driveway, drive to the right of the school, and we are the grey modular building on the right.
- Please note that online registration is the fastest way to register and secure a spot in the program.
- Residents have priority registration through January 10
- Participants that attend Northampton schools through school choice can register starting on January 11
- Non-residents are not allowed at this time
- 3rd & 4th grade use 27.5" basketballs
- Girls 5th to 8th & Boys 5th-6th grade use use 28.5" basketballs
- Boys 7-8th use full size basketballs
On Site Regulations
- Parents are encouraged to drop their children off for this program. There are no spectators allowed.
- Face masks will be be required at all times.
- Players must enter through the main lobby for the gym at Smith Voc. Everyone will exit through the a different designated door.
We have divisions for children from 3rd through the 8th grade.
- Girls 3&4
- Boys 3&4
- Girls 5&6
- Boys 5&6
- Girls 7&8
- Boys 7&8