There are no cancellations to report.
Chair Yoga Session III originally scheduled to begin Tuesday February 13 has been moved to Wednesdays beginning February 14.
The After School JFK Ski program will have make ups on February 14 and February 28.
- Last Updated Wednesday, February 12, 2018, 4:30 pm)
Northampton Parks & Recreation
Thunder or lightning necessitates that all outdoor practices and competitions be suspended. Before a practice/game begins, take a look around and have a plan for shelter prior to the start of any contest.
When thunder is heard or when lightning is seen, the following procedures must be executed:
- Suspend play and direct participants to the previously identified shelter, a building normally occupied by the public or if a building is unavailable, participants should go inside a vehicle with a solid metal top (e.g. bus, van, car).
- Do not permit people to stand under or near a tree; and have all stay away from poles, light towers, antennas, towers and underground watering systems.
- After thunder and/or lightning have left the area, wait 30 minutes after the last boom is heard or strike is seen before resuming play or competition.
- Weekday cancellations are usually made by the Recreation Dept. and/or Department of Public Works, Parks and Cemetery Division by 3 p.m.
- If rain/snow starts after 4:30 (when the Recreation Office closes), it is up to the leagues to cancel.
- If schools are closed due to snow/weather, all recreation programs are cancelled.
- If schools have a delay in opening, the morning programs at the pool are cancelled.
- Outdoor leagues: If it has been raining overnight, the Rec. Dept or Department of Public Works will usually cancel games by 8 a.m.
- Outdoor leagues: If it starts raining after that time, it is up to the leagues.
- Indoor leagues: If it has snowed overnight, we will try to post info asap. Plowing and clearing of lots and sidewalks has to be done also.
- Keep checking this site or call the cancellation hotline if it starts and continues to snow during the day.
- Sometimes more cancellations are added after the first cancellation of the day, so if questionable, be sure to check back before you leave for your event.
- Some fields take the rain better than others.
- If there is a school start delay, the pool is closed in the morning. If schools are closed, the pool is closed for the day and all programs are cancelled
- You may also call the Recreation Department cancellation hotline at 413-587-1044.
- The weather may change throughout the day. Check back if there are storms or if the weather clears to see where camps are located.
- There are no alerts at this time.
Image does not exist