There are no cancellations or changes at this time.
(last updated Tuesday, August 8, 8:00am)
Aquatic and Family Center will be Closed from August 14-August 27 for its annual maintenance. Will reopen Monday August 28.
Northampton Parks & Recreation
Thunder or lightning necessitates that all outdoor practices and competitions be suspended. Before a practice/game begins, take a look around and have a plan for shelter prior to the start of any contest.
When thunder is heard or when lightning is seen, the following procedures must be executed:
- Suspend play and direct participants to the previously identified shelter, a building normally occupied by the public or if a building is unavailable, participants should go inside a vehicle with a solid metal top (e.g. bus, van, car).
- Do not permit people to stand under or near a tree; and have all stay away from poles, light towers, antennas, towers and underground watering systems.
- After thunder and/or lightning have left the area, wait 30 minutes after the last boom is heard or strike is seen before resuming play or competition.
- Weekday cancellations are usually made by the Recreation Dept. and/or Department of Public Works, Parks and Cemetery Division by 3 p.m.
- If rain/snow starts after 4:30 (when the Recreation Office closes), it is up to the leagues to cancel.
- If schools are closed due to snow/weather, all recreation programs are cancelled.
- Outdoor leagues: If it has been raining overnight, the Rec. Dept or Department of Public Works will usually cancel games by 8 a.m.
- Outdoor leagues: If it starts raining after that time, it is up to the leagues.
- Indoor leagues: If it has snowed overnight, we will try to post info asap. Plowing and clearing of lots and sidewalks has to be done also.
- Keep checking this site or call the cancellation hotline if it starts and continues to snow during the day.
- Sometimes more cancellations are added after the first cancellation of the day, so if questionable, be sure to check back before you leave for your event.
- Some fields take the rain better than others.
- If there is a school start delay, the pool is closed in the morning. If schools are closed, the pool is closed for the day and all programs are cancelled
- You may also call the Recreation Department cancellation hotline at 413-587-1044.
- The weather may change throughout the day. Check back if there are storms or if the weather clears to see where camps are located.
Image does not exist
- There are no alerts at this time.