Annual Liquor Licenses (On-Premise and Off-Premise)
- Liquor licenses are governed by Mass General Laws Ch. 138 and the Alcoholic Beverages Control Commission (ABCC). All of the forms needed to apply for a liquor license transaction can be found here. Please check with the License Commission for any additional documents that are required on the local level.
- The availability of annual on- and off-premise liquor licenses are determined by population and currently the City of Northampton is over its quota. Therefore, the city does not have any annual on- or off-premise liquor licenses available for issuance. The only way to obtain an annual liquor license is to purchase it on the open market.
Seasonal Liquor Licenses
- Seasonal liquor licenses run from April 1 to January 15.
- Seasonal wine & malt licenses are available. After demonstrated responsible use, the licensee can apply to convert the seasonal license to an annual license. The licensee is subject to a one time $5,000 conversion fee (installment payments available.)
- License applications for Farmer Brewery, Farmer Winery, Pub Brewery, Manufacturer, Warehouse, Wholesaler, Caterer, and other state licenses must be submitted directly to the ABCC. If you already have your state farmer series license and would like to apply for a pouring permit, you can find the information on how to apply here.