Annual Liquor Licenses
- Liquor licenses are governed by Mass General Laws Chapter 138 and the Alcoholic Beverages Control Commission (ABCC). All of the forms needed to apply for a liquor license transaction can be found online.
- There are five types of annual licenses: all alcohol restaurant, all alcohol innholder, all alcohol club, general on-premise and wine & malt restaurant.
- The availability of annual licenses are determined by population and currently the City of Northampton is over quota. Therefore, the city does not have any annual all alcohol licenses available.
Seasonal Liquor Licenses
- Seasonal liquor licenses run from April 1 to January 15.
- Seasonal wine & malt licenses are available. After demonstrated responsible use, an application can be made to convert the seasonal wine & malt license to an annual wine & malt license.
Package Store Licenses
- There are two types of package store licenses: all alcohol and wine & malt.
- Package store licenses are determined by population and currently the City of Northampton is over quota. Therefore, the city does not have any package store licenses available. The only way to obtain an annual license is to purchase it on the open market.