City Resources & Updates
Resources for residents to utilize during building closures
City of Northampton buildings and municipal offices will remain closed to the public and non-emergency personnel until further notice.
City Drop Box
A gray drop box is located in front of the Municipal Building, 212 Main St. (located in the parking lot behind City Hall). Please use this box to drop off any payments, forms and/or documents that need to be submitted to the city and cannot be transmitted electronically. Please ensure all items being dropped in the box are secured in an envelope with the intended recipient's name and department (if possible).
Please use this link to make payments for parking tickets, excise tax bills, water and sewer bills, etc.
- More information: PRESS RELEASE: Mayor Narkewicz Extends Payment Due Dates - April 3, 2020 (PDF)
- Notification to Taxpayers (PDF)
Contact a city department via phone or email. During the state of emergency, the City of Northampton’s staffing resources have been limited. In light of this, response times to emails and phone calls may be delayed. Departments are doing their best to respond to your questions and concerns as timely as possible. Thank you for your patience.
Please use Request Tracker to report any non-emergency concerns.
Northampton Health Department
- PRESS RELEASE: Northampton and Amherst Health Departments Pause Use of Janssen Johnson & Johnson Vaccine - April 13, 2021 (PDF)
- Amended Farmers Market Order from the Health Department - April 1, 2021 (PDF)
- THIS ORDER HAS BEEN LIFTED - Order Closing School Play Areas and Parks and Recreation Facilities - Effective Immediately - April 4, 2020 (PDF)
- THIS ORDER HAS BEEN LIFTED - Order Prohibiting Entry into Restaurants for Take-Out Service - March 28, 2020 (PDF)
Department of Public Works
- DPW Urges Flushing Pipes Before Reopening - May 28, 2020 (PDF)
- ALL COVID-19 DPW UPDATES
- Glendale Road Leaf & Waste Collection Sites Closed Until Further Notice - April 2, 2020 (PDF)
- What You Flush Matters - Northampton DPW - March 20, 2020 (PDF)
Northampton Building Department
- COVID-19 Mandatory Policies and Procedures for Construction Sites and Construction Workers
- Update from the Northampton Building Department - March 24, 2020