City Resources & Updates
Resources for residents to utilize during building closures
In accordance with Governor Charlie Baker’s latest orders, which extended the physical closures of non-essential businesses in Massachusetts to workers, customers and the public until May 18, the City of Northampton buildings and municipal offices will remain closed to the public and non-emergency personnel until May 18.
City Drop Box
A drop box is located to the right of the door of the Municipal Building, 212 Main St. (located behind City Hall). Please use this box to drop off any payments, forms and/or documents that need to be submitted to the city and cannot be transmitted electronically.
Please use this link to make payments for parking tickets, excise tax bills, water and sewer bills, etc.
- More information: PRESS RELEASE: Mayor Narkewicz Extends Payment Due Dates - April 3, 2020 (PDF)
- Notification to Taxpayers (PDF)
Contact a city department via phone or email. During the state of emergency, the City of Northampton’s staffing resources have been limited. In light of this, response times to emails and phone calls may be delayed. Departments are doing their best to respond to your questions and concerns as timely as possible. Thank you for your patience.
The existing suspension of parking fees at meters and kiosks in Northampton will continue until May 18. E.J. Gare Parking Garage permit holders do not have to pay until after May 31st.
Please use Request Tracker to report any non-emergency concerns.
Northampton Health Department
- Order Prohibiting Tag Sales, Yard Sales, Garage Sales, Rummage Sales and Similar Sales in the City of Northampton - May 27, 2020 (PDF)
- AMENDED - COVID-19 Mandatory Policies and Procedures for Wearing Masks or Other Face Coverings in Businesses Providing Essential Services in the City of Northampton - May 11, 2020 (PDF)
- COVID-19 Mandatory Policies and Procedures for all Farmers’ Markets in Northampton - April 26, 2020 (PDF)
- COVID-19 Mandatory Policies and Procedures for Wearing Masks or Other Face Coverings in Businesses Providing Essential Services in the City of Northampton - April 14, 2020 (PDF)
- Order Regulating Grocery Stores, Supermarkets, and Convenience Stores - April 7, 2020 (PDF)
- Order Closing School Play Areas and Parks and Recreation Facilities - Effective Immediately - April 4, 2020 (PDF)
- Order Prohibiting Entry into Restaurants for Take-Out Service - March 28, 2020 (PDF)
- Order Prohibiting Self Service of Food and Beverages - March 28, 2020 (PDF)
- Emergency Order Regarding Operation of Certain Businesses in the City of Northampton - March 23, 2020 (PDF)
Department of Public Works
- DPW Urges Flushing Pipes Before Reopening - May 28, 2020 (PDF)
- ALL COVID-19 DPW UPDATES
- Glendale Road Leaf & Waste Collection Sites Closed Until Further Notice - April 2, 2020 (PDF)
- What You Flush Matters - Northampton DPW - March 20, 2020 (PDF)
Northampton Building Department
- COVID-19 Mandatory Policies and Procedures for Construction Sites and Construction Workers
- Update from the Northampton Building Department - March 24, 2020