Massachusetts Information & Updates
- Text COVIDMAESP to 888-777 for Spanish alerts
- Governor’s Office Press Releases
- Governor’s response to COVID-19 (preparedness, updates, etc.)
- Senator Comerford - COVID-19 State & Federal Updates
MAY 27, 2020 - Tag sales, yard sales, garage sales, rummage sales and other similar sales are prohibited in the City of Northampton. Read on...
MAY 19, 2020 - Today, Mayor David Narkewicz announced that Northampton, in close collaboration with ServiceNet, will transition operations from the emergency shelter at Northampton High School back to existing local facilities on Saturday, May 23, 2020. Read on...
MAY 12, 2020 - Today, the City of Northampton issued revised mandatory orders for wearing face coverings in public places. Read on...
Effective May 8, 2020, Director O’Leary will lift part of the order to allow the use of the following recreation areas; Agnes Fox Park, Arcanum Field, Ellerbrook Field, Lampron Park, Maines Field, Look Park, Pulaski Park, Sheldon Field and Veterans Field. Read on...
APRIL 30, 2020 - Testing conducted this week at the city’s shelter for homeless individuals at Northampton High School indicated minimal presence of COVID-19. Read on...
APRIL 28, 2020 - The City of Northampton Board of Health released a series of mandatory policies and procedures for all Farmers’ Markets in Northampton. Read on...
APRIL 20, 2020 - Since the Northampton Health Department issued an order for all members of the public to wear face coverings where social distancing cannot be maintained they have received over 2,500 requests for face coverings... Read on...
APRIL 14, 2020 - The Northampton Health Dept. has issued orders establishing that all consumers & employees must wear face coverings at all times, when social distancing can not be maintained, at any businesses providing essential services in Northampton. Read on...
- Face Covering Instructions
- masks are made from a variety of materials but all masks are reusable & washable.
- wash with laundry soap and water in a washing machine.
- Cases by City/Town - May 27, 2020 (PDF) (updated weekly)
- Cases in MA - June 2, 2020 (PDF)
- Cases in the U.S.
- Cases in the World
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Symptom Checker & Tracker
If you believe you are experiencing symptoms, please use the CDC Symptom Checker. Call your doctor if you think you have been exposed to COVID-19 and develop a fever and symptoms, such as cough or difficulty breathing. Call your healthcare provider for medical advice.
You can also use COVID Symptom Tracker app to report your daily health to help slow the outbreak.
Question & Answer Opportunities
On Thursday, June 4, 2020, there will be another opportunity to join the Northampton Health Department in a COVID-19 question and answer teleconference session for the general public. Please submit your questions in advance of the teleconference by completing the below form:
|11:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.||Phone #: 515-604-9099|
Access code: 533-433-675
- Centers for Disease Control & Prevention - Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- World Health Organization - Coronavirus (COVID-19) @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
This page is updated daily, please check back often! Last updated: Tue. 6/2/2020.