Recreation Soccer for grades 3-6
The Northampton Parks and Recreation Department is excited to offer this program to children in grades 3-6 who would like to be active on a team during the fall season. The program has three divisions: 3rd & 4th grade girls, 3rd & 4th grade boys, and 5th & 6th grade coed. As recommended by the US Soccer Federation (USSF), 3rd & 4th graders play a 7v7 format and 5th & 6th graders play a 9v9 format. Teams meet three times a week, with practices and scrimmages on weekdays and games on Saturdays. While most games are in Northampton, we also play with teams from neighboring towns such as Southampton. The season runs from after Labor Day through the first week in November. Teams are coached by parent volunteers.
Registration for fall soccer opens July 1st and closes August 15th. Team assignments are made in late August, and parents will be contacted with information about teams and coaches at the beginning of September. Kids of all skill and ability levels are encouraged to register; all players will receive meaningful playing time in each game. The league does its best to balance teams by age and ability while also trying to place kids on teams with their friends and classmates. There are no tryouts for the program, and all players who register before August 15th will be placed on a team. Late registrants will be placed on teams as space allows.
RECREATION SOCCER PROGRAM SCHEDULE
- Registration: July 5th - August 19th
- Team assignments: late August
- Season begins after Labor Day and runs through the first weekend in November. There is no activity over Columbus Day weekend.
- Practices and scrimmages weeknights after 5pm, games on Saturday mornings.
- Girls 3rd & 4th grade: Monday, Wednesday, Saturday
- Boys 3rd & 4th grade: Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday
- Coed 5th & 6th grade: Games on Saturdays, practices scheduled by coaches