Leaves, grass clippings and brush are accepted at two sites within the Glendale Road Transfer Station located at 170 Glendale Road in Florence. The Glendale Road Transfer Station follows the City’s inclement weather closure schedule and is closed on all holidays observed by the City. There is no disposal fee for leaf and yard waste, but material must meet the specifications provided below. An annual transfer station sticker is required for access. Please direct all questions to email@example.com or phone 413-587-1570 x4306.
Leaf and Grass Clipping Requirements
- Leaves and grass clippings are accepted loose or in brown paper leaf bags.
- Plastic bags and tree stumps are not accepted.
- Brush must be less than four feet in length and less than six inches in diameter and must be kept separate from other yard waste.
Small loads of leaves and grass clippings are accepted year-round at Gate 1 (Main Gate). No brush is accepted at this location.
- Hours of operation: 1st and 3rd Saturdays of each month, 7:00 AM - 11:45 AM
Glendale Road Transfer Station, Gate 2
Gate 2, which is located 200 yards north of Gate 1 (Main Gate), is open seasonally (April through November) to accept large loads of yard waste, brush and leaves.
- Hours of operation: 2nd and 4th Saturdays of each month (April - November), 7:00 AM - 3:45 PM
- Please note that all vehicles transporting large loads of material to Gate 2 are subject to the City’s Truck Load Covering Ordinance.
Please direct all questions to firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 413-587-1570 x4306.