Red Cross Lifeguarding Recertificaton
PLEASE READ PRE-COURSE REQUIREMENTS
Anyone taking any American Red Cross Lifeguarding course MUST successfully complete the pre-course requirements.
Registration fee includes a $25 pre-course requirement fee, which is non-refundable. Pre-course Requirements:
- Must possess a current Lifeguarding Certification with expiration date of 3/1/2017 or later.
- Ability to pass swim test (300 yards continuously, demonstrating breath control and rhythmic breathing) using front crawl or breaststroke. Goggles allowed.
- Tread water for two (2) minutes using only the legs (hands under arms)
- Complete within 1 minute, 40 seconds: From shallow end of pool, swim 20 yards, surface dive to retrieve a 10-pound object from the deep end of pool, return to starting point holding brick with both hands while keeping face out of water, and exit water without using ladder or steps. Goggles NOT allowed.
- Same as pre-course requirements above with the following additions.
- Swim an additional 250 yards (10 lengths) for a total of 550 yards (22 lengths).
- Swim 5 yards, submerge and retrieve three dive rings placed 5 yards apart in 4 to 7 feet of water, resurface and continue to swim another 5 yards. Goggles NOT allowed.
ATTENDANCE AT ALL IN CLASS SESSIONS IS MANDATORY
Thursday March 30: 7:00 pm – 8:00 pm (pre-course requirements swimming test and
current certification check)
Wednesday April 5: 5:30 pm – 9:00 pm (CPRO)
Saturday April 8: 12:00 pm – 4:00 pm (Lifeguard Pool)
Saturday May 20: 11:00 am – 4:30 pm (Waterfront Only Module)
Location:Aquatic & Family Center at JFK Middle School, Florence, MA 01062
Lifeguarding Recertification only: $140 / $145 / $155 (includes all materials)
Lifeguarding Recertification with Waterfront: $165/ $170 / $180
(participant needs to provide mask and fins)
Fees listed in the order of AFC Member / Resident / Non-Resident
Click Here to download Program Flyer with Registration Form