Red Cross Waterfront Module
PLEASE READ PRE-COURSE REQUIREMENTS
Anyone taking any American Red Cross Lifeguarding course MUST successfully complete the pre-course requirements.
Registration fee includes a $25 pre-course requirement fee, which is non-refundable.
- Must possess a current Lifeguarding Certification.
- Ability to pass swim 550 yards (22 lengths) continuously, demonstrating breath control and rhythmic breathing) using front crawl or breaststroke. Goggles allowed.
- Tread water for two (2) minutes using only the legs (hands under arms)
- Complete within 1 minute, 40 seconds: From shallow end of pool, swim 20 yards, surface dive to retrieve a 10-pound object from the deep end of pool, return to starting point holding brick with both hands while keeping face out of water, and exit water without using ladder or steps. Goggles NOT allowed.
- Swim 5 yards, submerge and retrieve three dive rings placed 5 yards apart in 4 to 7 feet of water, resurface and continue to swim another 5 yards. Goggles NOT allowed.
Red Cross Waterfront Module:
Red Cross has established new requirements January 13, 2017. Participants will be required to download the free participants manual.
The waterfront module, which is only valid with a current Lifeguarding Certificate, is designed to train pool lifeguards in working non-surf beaches. You will be trained in using mask & fins, searching shallow & deep water areas, and using a rescue board. Training will occur in both pool and waterfront. Upon successful completion of this course (including written and rescue skills testing), you will receive an American Red Cross Lifeguard Waterfront Training certificate which expires the same date as your Lifeguarding certificate.
ATTENDANCE AT ALL IN CLASS SESSIONS IS MANDATORY
Dates: CLASSES RESUME IN SPRING 2018
Location: Aquatic & Family Center at JFK Middle School, Florence, MA 01062 and
David B. Musante Waterfront, 58 Reservoir Road, Leeds, MA 01053
Fee: $60 / $70 / $80 (participant needs to provide their own mask and fins)
Fees listed in the order of AFC Member / Resident / Non-Resident