Cable Advisory Board
2016 Cable License and Cable Access Provider Agreements
April 21, 2016, Mayor David Narkewicz announced (PDF) a renewed multi-year agreement with Comcast as the city’s cable television provider. In addition to renewing its cable license the city also renewed its agreement with Northampton Community Television (NCTV) as the city’s cable access provider. The license renewal is the result of diligent and successful negotiations between the City and Comcast, and reflects agreements among all parties.
2016 License Documents
Access information and documents to obtain cable licenses.
- Comcast Cable License (PDF)
- Northampton Community Television (NCTV) Agreement (PDF)
- NCTV Memorandum of Understanding (PDF)
About the Board
The Cable Advisory Board (formerly the Cable Access and Ascertainment Board) serves in an ad hoc advisory capacity to the Mayor with the following functions:
- Assist in the creation of a cable access corporation to operate the new community access studio.
- Assist in guiding preparation of the new studio and transfer of the studio and equipment from Comcast.
- Oversight, performance evaluation, budget review as pertaining to the license, and liaison between the city and the cable access corporation.
- Assist with performance monitoring by the cable provider under the cable license including but not limited to: customer complaint resolution, annual performance evaluation, research on cable and PEG access technology advancements.
Review the biographies of the Cable Advisory Board members and adviser.
About NCTV Studio & Access Corporation
The City of Northampton contracts with NCTV to operate the Northampton cable access studio under the Cable License Agreement. NCTV is an independent nonprofit membership organization. Membership is open to all Northampton residents as outlined in the NCTV bylaws.
Comcast is offering a $2 discount off its monthly standard service rate (basic + expanded basic) to senior citizens age 67 or older, who are heads of households and are receiving SSI or Medicaid benefits under Social Security or Massachusetts Fuel Assistance.
Proof of Age
- The subscriber must be able to show proof of age (drivers license, birth certificate, passport)
- Head of household (lease, deed, tax bill)
- Receipt of benefits (Massachusetts Health Card)
- Senior Discount Form
Cable Franchise Information
The following sites provide cable franchise information resources for residents in Northampton.