Job Training Resources for Businesses
Massachusetts Workforce Training Fund
The Workforce Training Fund is a state fund financed entirely by Massachusetts employers. Its purpose is to provide resources to Massachusetts businesses and workers to train current and newly hired employees.
The general program has two categories of grants: training and technical assistance. Training grants range from $2,000 to $250,000. Technical assistance grants range from $5,000 to $25,000.
The Express program is designed for small employers (up to 50 employees) and labor unions to quickly and simply provide training for employees. An applicant can receive up to $15,000 within a 12-month period.
Work Opportunity Tax Credits
The Work Opportunity Tax Credits (WOTC) is one tool in a diverse toolbox of flexible strategies designed to help move people from welfare into gainful employment and obtain on-the-job experience. The WOTC applies to new employees hired on or after January 1, 2007 and before August 31, 2011.
- $2,400 for each new adult hire
- $1,200 for each new summer youth hire
- $9,000 for each new long-term family assistance recipient hired over a two-year period
Safety Training Grants
The Massachusetts State Department of Industrial Accidents will make training grants of up to $25,000 available to businesses to help cut down on on-the-job injuries. Applications are accepted on an annual basis. For more information you may contact the department at 1-877-MASSAFE ext. 387.
STEMPower (Mid-Massachusetts STEM Pathways Initiative) has announced offers a hub for Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics related employment activities for the central Massachusetts region.
- Online community where job seekers can set up a professional profile and expand their job search activities
- Discussion groups for STEM job seekers, employers, educators, and trainers and others interested and engaged in this field
- Administration for the Advisory Council, Industry Mentors, and Career Coaches that are part of the STEMPower initiative
- Calendar and links of the regions STEM-related events and organizations
- Training grants